ROASTED CHICKEN ROTISSERIE – How to ROAST A WHOLE CHICKEN Recipe
In this video Deronda demonstrates how fast & easy it is to ROAST A WHOLE CHICKEN in your very own oven. Watch to find out…it just may become your favorite way to make and eat chicken. Click on "Show more" below to get this simple and easy recipe….
Basic WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
1 5-6 lb. Whole Chicken
2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon thyme, dried or fresh
2 celery sticks. cleaned and cute into 2" long pieces
2 carrots sticks, peeled and cute into 2" long pieces
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 garlic head, sliced into
1 lemon, sliced in half
salt & pepper
1. Rinse chicken in cool fresh running water. Pat with paper towels until dry.
2. Spread butter over chicken skin, coating evenly. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and
3. Stuff chicken cavity with 1/2 onions, garlic and lemon.
3. Add carrots, celery and remaining onions into the bottom of a large Dutch Oven or heavy baking pan. Toss vegetables with a olive oil , salt and pepper. Add stuffed and seasoned whole chicken on top of vegetables.
4. Roast chicken for the first 15 minute in a 425 degree F. preheated oven. Reduce heat to 374 degrees F. and continue to roast for an addition 50-60 minutes more. Insert thermometer into thigh, not touching bone, registering 165-170 F.
5. Remove chicken from oven. Cover and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
TIPS: Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 day.