Bangladeshi Chicken Roast – Biye Barir Roast Recipe – Eid Special
Chicken Roast is a traditional cuisine in Bangladesh usually served in weddings, Eid and other special occasions.
1/4th chicken – 4 pcs (both leg and breast part)
I have seasoned the chicken pieces with half teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon salt (salt to taste).
Oil for deep frying.
Fry the pieces of chicken light into deep oil till the color becomes golden brown. Do not over fry, otherwise the chicken will become hard. I have used two cardamoms, one cinnamon stick and two cloves into the oil to get a nice aroma.
Ingredients for cooking roast:
1. Oil – 1/3rd cup
2. Ghee – 1 tablespoon
3. Garam Masala – 2 pcs cinnamon stick; 4 pcs cloves; 4 pcs cardamoms; 5 to 6 pcs whole black pepper and two bay leaves.
4. Chopped onion- 1 cup
5. Ginger paste – 2 teaspoon
6. Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
7. Red Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
8. Cumin powder – 2 teaspoon
9. Salt to taste
10. Hot water – 2 cups
11. Sugar – 1 teaspoon
12. Fried onion/ Barista – 1/2 cup
13. Green Chili – 4 to 5 pcs
To make the paste which makes the roast special – blend it in a mixer:
1. Sweet yogurt – 100gm
2. 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts soaked into water for 10 minutes
3. 1/4 cup raisins soaked into water for 10 minutes
4. 1/4 cup water
Cooking process :
Please follow the video. Maintain the steps and timings for perfect cooking.
First ten minutes under medium heat, second ten minutes under medium heat and rest of the time under very low heat.
To serve, garnish with fried onion (optional).
Serve warm with steamy plain pulao. Enjoy!